Get Involved – Join the Mudder Volunteer Programme (MVP)
Why join “Probably the Best Team on the Planet” and become a volunteer? It’s like being pitch-side at a Premier League game, except John Terry is getting shocked by 10,000 volts of electricity (and isn’t a millionaire). Our MVPs help make Tough Mudder “Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet.”
“Just wanted to say I had THE BEST time ever helping you guys out…it was my first time volunteering and wow what a way to start. I now want to do a tonne more!” — Louisa N.
We’ve had an incredible year with so many amazing volunteers… but sadly, the 2013 Tough Mudder event season is coming to a close. Luckily, we don’t have to wait too long for the fun to continue… we’re already announcing 2014 events and preparing to grow our MVP Team for next year.
2014 Volunteer Information
Interested in volunteering at a 2014 event (to enjoy all the great perks of being an MVP)? Check out the information below, and then fill out the 2014 MVP Interest Form to get more information when we launch the 2014 volunteer application.
We will officially open our volunteer application form in January 2014. In mid-January, look for an email from us and check this volunteer page for more information. In the meantime, please note:
- We aren’t able to offer a refund to those who purchase entry to a 2014 event and subsequently volunteer – but don’t forget, you can use your Volunteer Discount at any future Tough Mudder event of your choice.
Thanks again for your interest in joining Probably the Best Team on the Planet. We look forward to receiving your application when we open the 2014 volunteer opportunities in January.
You may be the first face thousands of participants see. You may be the person cheering on Mudders while they tackle a skip full of ice, you may be putting hard-earned headbands on Mudders as they cross the finish line. Whatever you do as a Mudder MVP, you’ll be at the heart of it all, creating life-changing experiences for everyone (including yourself).
- Registration – Provide the first welcome to the thousands of Tough Mudder Participants and Spectators.
- Event Experience – Help pump up, organize, encourage and congratulate our Mudders.
- Info Media – Help provide on-site customer service at its best.
- Bag drop – A key part of the participant experience, and typically the last stop before Mudders make their way to the start line.
- Course- Our Special Forces-designed obstacles are tough. We need people to help encourage and motivate our participants as they barrel through 10-12 miles of hardcore challenges.
Our Volunteers need to be tough, just like our participants. We are the premier obstacle course in the world, which means that thousands of people come to run them. We start early – morning shifts kick off at 06:00. We need people who are up for the challenge, will follow through on their commitment, like working with others, and are willing to jump right in.
As a thank you, all MVPs receive:
- Discounted participant entry (up to 90% off ) – click here to learn more
- Front-row seats to the best action in the house
- 20% off merchandise at the event
- Free Tough Mudder MVP t-shirt
- Breakfast and / or lunch
- One free pint ticket (For those 18+. Yeah, those laws even apply at Tough Mudder)
- Free access to the Strongbow Post-Party, with great music
- Free access to the event and free parking
“I had an amazing time volunteering on Saturday and running the course the next day. I’ve decided to volunteer for the Scotland event, as I can’t pass up the opportunity for another great weekend!” — Rudy C.
By volunteering you are eligible for a discount which enables you to run a Tough Mudder for up to 90% off. If you volunteer for a full day, you can run for £15. If you volunteer for a half day, you can run for £30.
To get the volunteer discount, you must first volunteer at an event. Therefore, if you volunteer on:
- Saturday, you can run using your discount on Sunday or at any other event.
- Sunday, you can run using your discount at any other event.
You do not need to pre-register to participate using your discount.
Everyone who applies to be a MVP must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older. 16 and 17 year olds may volunteer, if accompanied by and volunteering with adult supervision and with a signed parent or guardian consent form.
- Attend your shift. Our MVPs play a critical role at our events. If you don’t show up, it affects the event experience
- An ability to speak and read English
- Flexibility for which role you will do