Get Involved – Join the Mudder Volunteer Programme (MVP)
What’s the next best thing to being a participant? Being a volunteer. It’s like being pitch-side at a Premier League game, except John Terry is getting shocked by 10,000 volts of electricity (and isn’t a millionaire). The MVPs are Probably the Best Team on the Planet and help make Tough Mudder Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet®.
If you are local business looking to work with Tough Mudder® on one or more aspects of our event, please click here.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Pump the crowd up at the start-line
- Make sure the mud is just the right consistency
- Keep the ice pits freezing cold
- Man the hydration stations
- Help at registration
- Put hard-earned headbands on Mudders℠ at the finish line
- Hand out t-shirts and partner products in the finish chute
Saturday volunteers can run the course on Sunday or at a future event for a discount:
For a full day of volunteering, you can run on Sunday for £15
For a half day of volunteering, you can run on Sunday for £30
If you volunteer on Sunday or can’t run in the same weekend you volunteer, these discounts are valid for future Tough Mudder® events.
All Volunteers receive:
- Front-row seats to the best action in the house
- Don’t have to pay (£10 spectator fee)
- Free Tough Mudder Volunteer t-shirt
- Free breakfast or lunch
- Ticket for a free pint (for 18+, yeah, those laws even apply at Tough Mudder®)
- Free access to the Post-Party with great music
- Discounted participant entry for the next day or another event
- The opportunity to ensure the safety of inspiring participants who are giving 110%
So to sum up: Cool t-shirt, food, mud, beer, rockin’ music, party, and real responsibility – sound like fun? Hell yeah it is! 90% of the volunteers at every event said they would do it again.
Please email UKvolunteers@toughmudder.com with any volunteer questions or concerns.
Testimonials from Past Volunteers
“A great way to get a sense of the event! I didn’t feel ready to run a Tough Mudder®, so I signed up to volunteer. After helping out and seeing what it was like, I’m now gonna sign up for the next one in Texas – can’t wait!” — Jim S.
“Volunteering at Tough Mudder® Tri-State with my friends was awesome, and I know my cheering helped keep morale high for all the runners that went past our water station.” — Margaret L.
“My favorite part of volunteering? When a guy stopped after my obstacle and asked for my number!” — Vicky D.
“I had a kickass time volunteering at Tough Mudder® NorCal… especially watching folks slide into the snow-making pond!” –Harvey N.
“Really great event! I was put in a group with people I didn’t know, but we all got along great and now we try to hang out and get a drink every few weeks. Dos Equis, of course!”–Mark T.