Happy National Pancake Day Mudders. To celebrate this special day we are sharing the easiest banana oatmeal pancakes recipe….made right in the blender! These fluffy healthy pancakes are naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and contain no flour or added sugar + they make a great breakfast treat before any Tough Mudder event😉.
You should always be well-fueled going into a workout. Studies suggest that eating or drinking carbohydrates before exercise can improve workout performance and may allow you to work out for a longer time or at a higher intensity. If you don’t eat, you might feel sluggish or lightheaded when you exercise.
Anyway, let’s move on to these deliciously fluffy, healthy pancakes: Banana Oatmeal Pancakes made right in your blender. Can you believe it? There’s no flour, no butter, no sugar, or any kind of sweetener added. This means these pancakes are made for anyone, including kids!
Get ready for a simple yet delicious breakfast!
- Bananas: super ripe bananas give the pancakes their natural sweetness. Make sure they have lots of brown spots!
- Eggs: you’ll need 2 eggs in this pancake recipe.
- Milk: add moisture with any milk you’d like. We recommend using unsweetened almond milk to make these pancakes as healthy as possible.
- Oats: instead of using regular flour, these healthy banana pancakes are made with rolled oats! Feel free to use gluten-free rolled oats.
- Pancake essentials: you’ll also need baking powder to allow the pancakes to get nice and fluffy, plus some cinnamon, vanilla extract & salt for flavour.
- Blend the ingredients. Yes, you’ll literally add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend on high until smooth!
- Let the batter sit. You’ll then want to let the batter sit in your blender for about 2 minutes while you heat up your pan.
- Cook & flip. Add olive oil or coconut oil to a griddle or large nonstick pan and place over medium heat. Add pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges. Flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve & devour. Serve pancakes with fresh fruit and a drizzle of pure maple syrup if you’d like!
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration check out the Tough Mudder blog. It has plenty of nutritious and simple ideas to keep you going. Enjoy the healthy snacking.