Easter might be over but we’re definitely still craving chocolate. Satisfy your sweet tooth with these deliciously decadent vegan chocolate cookies.
Our pals at PhD Nutrition have got a tasty plant-based alternative to your usual sweet treat. You’ll want to try these. Before you turn your nose up at the vegan variety, it’s worth noting that one of the best selling bakes of 2020 at a very prolific food chain (hint: it rhymes with set) was their Vegan Dark Chocolate Cookie.
Ingredients For 10 Cookies
100g vegan butter, softened
75g caster sugar 125g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
60g dark chocolate chips
Method For Baking
1. Preheat oven to 180°c and line 2 baking trays with parchment.
2. To a large bowl add the softened vegan butter and sugar, then beat until creamy and combined.
3. In a separate bowl add the flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda and salt and stir to combine.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar, followed by the milk and chocolate chips, then use your hands to bring together to form a thick cookie dough. Add a little extra milk if the dough isn’t coming together.
5. Divide into 10 even balls then place spaced out onto the two trays and press down slightly to form a disc.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow your vegan chocolate cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the tray before serving still a little bit warm and gooey.
7. Bon Appétit.
And because we know marcos are important:
Per Cookie 196 Kcal
Not got time to bake? Try PhD Nutrition’s Smart Bar Plant for a quick and easy sweet tooth craving.