If you’re itching to get outside and get back to your favourite Tough Mudder obstacle course, we’ve got news for you: things are looking REALLY good for our 2021 season.
And you’re not alone– 83,029 Mudders have already reserved their spot for the 2021 season. Start waves are filling up fast, make sure to read through for the full rundown on how we’re planning our return to a season in the mud this year.
AN UPDATE TO THE 2021 CALENDAR
We have been working with Local Authorities and expert advisors from WHO to ensure as many people as possible can get back out safely on course in 2021. We’ve also been liaising with our peers in the mass participation sporting industry around the world, who right now are successfully hosting COVID safe events in locations across the US, the Middle East and APAC.
We know we’re not out of the woods yet, but with the announcement of Boris Johnson’s roadmap to freedom, things are looking good. From 21st June large events should be taking place with no limits on social contact – just in time for the Tough Mudder season to begin in July. We’re feeling pretty damn excited about it.
Mudder, why not commit to a new challenge, and get yourself in the right mindset ahead of the event season.
RELATED: Check out Tough Mudder Challenge: Milestones
NOTHING BEATS THE OUTDOORS
Even as COVID-19 begins to be eradicated, we’re still laying in detailed plans to make sure we can keep you safe. Studies over the past several months have continued to demonstrate that socially-distanced outdoor athletic activity is incredibly low risk– lower than some of our normal everyday activities.
Endurance events are coming back online around the world, including Tough Mudder events in the Middle East and many triathlons, running races and obstacle courses across Europe, Asia and the Americas. With modifications to encourage distancing, reduction of touchpoints and allowance for thorough cleaning, the endurance industry is proving that being outside and moving is certainly much better for your health than being stuck behind your computer all day.
NEW PLANS TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Early in COVID, we assembled an internal task force to map out modifications to our events to ensure that when we returned to the mud, we could do it safely. Last summer, we announced we were removing on-site cash collection in favour of rolling the cost of parking and bag drop into your ticket price. Not only is that saving you an average of £20 per person compared to previous years, but it will reduce lines, waits and streamline your arrival experience. You can read more on our COVID safety measures here.
CAPACITY IS LIMITED- AND WAVES ARE SELLING FAST
The other big change we’re rolling out is limits to the size of our start waves, to ensure we can manage the number of people on course and in the festival area to comply with local regulations and allow enough space for adequate distancing. Prior to the 2021 season, you would have registered for a Tough Mudder event, and we would have assigned a start wave to you a few weeks prior to event day. Now you’ll have complete freedom and control to select your desired time at the time you register.
How does this work?
- We’ve limited capacity to a fixed amount of people per hour, and you’ll be able to select your start time window in hour slots when you purchase your ticket.
- You’ll want to get your team together and ensure they all purchase the same time window as you to ensure you can start together.
- Providing there’s available inventory, you’ll be able to transfer your ticket between start waves prior to event day. If you’re transferring to a more expensive ticket, you may need to pay the price difference.
- Ticket holders who purchased prior to November 2020 had a window starting the week of December 7th to select their start time. Those who don’t select their start time will get automatically placed in later waves and can self-transfer later. We’re holding specific spots for existing ticket holders and pass holders.
- START WAVES WILL SELL OUT. We may be able to open up additional space closer to the event based on final plans with local Governments, but we advise you and your crew book early to confirm the time you want.
Want more info on the new start time program? Check out our FAQs.
We’ve had a busy extended off-season at TMHQ, and had a whole range of exciting new announcements rolled out these last few months. We’re overhauling many of our obstacles, have launched new training programmes and have a released a new portfolio of enhanced Tough Mudder Challenges and virtual events.
We’re full steam ahead for this season– and we can’t wait to see you there. Earning that finish is going to feel even better after conquering the last year. Time to get off the couch and commit to a new challenge, and we’ll meet you at the finish line with a cheeky beverage.